Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Looking Forward

It's been awhile since I did a looking forward post so thought I was due.  I love doing these posts as they remind me that I have a lot of things to look forward to!

Today I am looking forward to flying home to Minneapolis.  It's going to be about 60 degrees colder there than it is here but I don't even care! Time with friends trumps weather in my book. 

This weekend I am looking forward to catching up with my Minneapolis friends, some of which I haven't seen since last April (!!!), checking out the home that Phil closed on last week (yes, we are still friends and keep in touch), and eating some macarons from my favorite place in Minneapolis (they have the best macarons that I've eaten outside of Paris). And on the not-so-fun front, I am getting my taxes done and hoping I don't have to pay in!  It's so hard to fit in as much as I'd like on these trips home, but I am trying to fit in as much as I possibly can!  

This (up-coming) month I am looking forward to extending a work trip to Florida so I can see my 4 sets of aunts and uncles that live or winter in Venice, Florida.  I am looking forward to time with family and days spent at the beach, relaxing and reading!  I am also hoping to meet up with Stephany for coffee or dinner as I will be passing by her city on my drive to Orlando for my work conference.  I'm also looking forward to a weekend trip to Savannah at the end of March.  Savannah looks like such a charming city; I am glad I'll get a chance to visit it while I am living in Charlotte. 

This year I am looking forward to rendezvousing with some running friends in the San Franscisco area for a race.  We haven't decided on a race yet, but are leaning towards a trail run.  I've never done a trail race, so it will be a new experience for me, but if I am going to do one anywhere, it seems like the Bay area is the place to do it as it's so incredibly beautiful out there!  Now I just need my rheum to clear me to train for the half marathon distance!

This will be my last post for the week as I won't be bringing my lap top with me to Minnesota so I will catch up with you all next week!

What are you looking forward to these days?

17 comments:

Caroline said...

Yay have fun in Minneapolis this week!! Hope you can squeeze in everything you'd like! I'm looking forward to this weekend, for no particular reason other than because it's the weekend : )

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Yay, glad you are visiting MN this weekend :) I hope you can fit in everything you want to do! and find a job, ha ha.
My college roommate is visiting this weekend to meet Max, so I'm looking forward to that!

Abby said...

Wow! You have a lot of great things to look forward to !!

Have so much fun in Minneapolis!! Good luck on your presentation also. I know you'll be great - you'll be in your "place".

I am looking forward to several good things : this weekend Sharon and Joel are in AZ so will be staying with me Friday night! Sunday my friends are having a birthday brunch/poolside bday party at a resort. Just registered for the San Fran-Napa Ragnar with a bunch I couples I'm September. And we are doing a Ragnar trail Race in November, too!

Marlys said...

You have lots to look forward to, and I just know you will have a great time in Mpls, even though the weather will be cold! It sounds like it is packed so savor every minute as it passes! And you know I am praying that something bright and promising will result from your meetings with prospective employers! Give us a call and keep us up to date!

missris said...

Have so much fun in Minneapolis! Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back :)

Leigh said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip home this weekend! Enjoy every moment :)

Lesli said...

Where is this place in Minneapolis that has the best macaroons outside of Paris?!! I want to go there. :-)

Nora said...

Hope you have so much fun while you are home. Can't wait to hear all about it.

I'm looking forward to...
* going to see a play with my dad on Saturday night
* the Oscars on Sunday (even though it's bittersweet).
* Going to FL next Tuesday!
* A friend's 30th in May
* the girls coming this summer!

Hugs!

Jeanie said...

Have a wonderful time! It's so nice you get to piggyback Lisa-time onto work travel. Makes it lots more bearable! Have fun!

Carolina John said...

Have fun in MN!

And yay for Savannah at the end of March! That's a fantastic time to visit. If you get the chance to ride out to Tybee Island while you're there, take it. I can't wait to get back down there.

Amber said...

I am actually really looking forward to doing our taxes as we usually get a decent return since Eric is a student. This will probably be our last year of the good return so I'm trying to appreciate that.

You know, normally I would immediately say the biggest thing I'm looking forward to is our trip to Ireland and Scotland. However since my dads accident thinking about that trip just makes me kind of sad. So while I'm still looking forward to it very much, it's not with the same excitement I had before.

Stephany said...

I hope this trip home is rejuvenating for you AND leads to some great job prospects. Fingers crossed for you!

I am looking forward to possibly meeting Nora AND meeting you next month, my upcoming cruise, and hopefully a lot more beach/pool days in my future. :)

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

Have fun! Venice Beach is on my list to check out some time. We are headed to Florida at the end of March and I am excited!

Becky said...

What fabulous things to look forward to! Right now I'm really looking forward to Ben's birthday on Sunday - I've been leaving him something every day on his desk with clever notes and he's been loving it - I've been having so much fun!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I hope your time at home was wonderful and that you had a lot of fun seeing your friends and family! I am looking forward to a trip to the Grand Canyon later this month, of having a good race this Saturday and of a fun lunch with friends this Thursday (we are going to Dim Sum)!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Aww, I love these posts (but, do not like how belated I am in reading them!). Remind me to send you info on my friend's shop in Savannah - it's super cute and my friend and her husband are some of the most awesome people I know (seriously). If you'll be traveling solo and want me to put you in touch with them ahead of time, let me know. Also, I might have downloaded a 13.1 training app over the weekend ... color me excited about the possibility of 2014!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I'm looking forward to going to Mexico in just over a month ... I need sunshine!!!!