Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Looking Forward

It has been awhile since I've done a "Looking Forward" post, and given the tone of my recent posts, I am due for a dose of positivity!

  • Today I am looking forward to meeting up with a work friend from Minneapolis for dinner! I'm taking her to the Harvest Moon Grille, which is a farm-to-table concept restaurant that is supposed to be GF friendly (we both have gluten intolerances).  It will be fun to see a familiar face and try a new restaurant.
  • This week I am looking forward to checking out the aquatic center by my apartment.  I haven't swam laps in years and know it will be a great workout.
  • This month I am looking forward to going to the movie, Before Midnight.  Before Sunrise and Before Sunset are 2 of my favorite movies so I am very excited to see the 3rd movie in this series.  It comes out on May 24th so that is how I will be kicking off my Memorial Day weekend, which will be mostly spent - you guessed it - studying.
  • This summer I am looking forward to going to Raleigh in June to visit John and his family, DC in July to visit Becky, and NYC in August to visit Alli. I am also looking forward to hosting my best friend Heidi in August as well!
  • This year I am looking forward to traveling to Chicago for the marathon (and am praying I will still be able to run it).  Amber, Anais, and Lauren are running it, as well as some people from my Minneapolis running club! Plus I will also see Nilsa and my brother and his family!  So it's going to be an awesome weekend.
Whew!  Lots to look forward to!  I just need to get through the next 17 days of studying!  For those who have ran a marathon, this month leading up to the test feels like 4 weeks in a row of your highest mileage week... I so wish CFA studying involved a taper but that is just not the case.  But the end is in sight!

What are you looking forward to these days?

21 comments:

Becky said...

You DO have a lot to look forward too! The end is in sight indeed! You can do it, you can do it!

abbi said...

17 days of studying, you aren't counting down or anything? Haha! The restaurant sounds wonderful!!

missris said...

17 days is nothing! You can do it!

Marlys said...

Your upcoming events sound like fun, and I am so happy that the CFA marathon is almost over! Now don't hit the wall those last few days, okay? Love you!

Nora said...

That's a lot of fun stuff coming up! Depending on the weekend of the Chicago Marathon I am hoping to come up to cheer you on and see you, too =)

Hope the restaurant is awesome. It sounds delicious!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Harvest Moon Grille sounds awesome. I love those types of restaurants. The food is always amazing.

Carolina John said...

Last night we moved our guest room upstairs and it is quite adorable. You are going to be quite comfortable up there. I'm looking forward to your visit.

Jeanie said...

Only 17 days? Over before you know it! One big accomplishment to check off! Yay!

And the rest sounds great in every way.

Before Midnight? Didn't know about that -- a Paris sequel with both of them? Oh, be still my heart!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Now THIS is some good energy I can get behind! So glad to see there's a gluten-friendly restaurant for you to check out with your friend! I thought of you the other day when I heard about a gluten-friendly bakery that's moving to my neighborhood. We have some fun travels coming up this year that I'm looking forward to: a weekend camping in Michigan, a weekend on Cape Cod, a long weekend camping in Door County and our big trip to Italy this fall.

Alli said...

Alli, no "e" ;)

I'm so glad that you have some great things to look forward to!

San said...

I LOVE Before Sunset/Sunrise.... two of my all-time FAVORITE movies (and ones that I own on DVD, and I don't own many movies on DVD ;))
Can't wait for the third part of the series!!!

Also: I am so happy you're looking forward to so many neat things!

Amber said...

I hope you have a great dinner tonight, that sounds like such a cool restaurant!!

Today I'm looking forward to exercising my right to vote today after work! We are having a provincial election and even though politics annoy and often bore me I just think we are SO LUCKY to have the rights with voting that we do. It always makes me feel powerful and proud to vote in an election!

This week I'm looking forward to getting in some good runs and hopefully yoga classes as well.

This month I'm looking forward to the Mumford & Sons Concert and my trip to Toronto!

This summer I'm looking forward to my 50K and Jen's wedding!

This year I'm looking forward to CHICAGO!! Both the marathon and the weekend with all you gals :)

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

As you know, I'm never going to be a marathon person but I think I'd rather train for that than study for the CFA haha. I'm so glad the end is in sight for you!

Lots of fun things to look forward to. On my list of things to do when my life settles down a bit, is send you a calendar of my free weekends!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

You have a lot of great things to look forward to this year! I know you are going to do great and all of your hard work is going to pay off!

Shoshanah said...

I haven't seen any of the Before movies, but I remember years ago my mom talking about how she enjoyed them. From what I've heard, I do think I'd enjoy them, but definitely feel like they're the type you need to watch in order.

Amanda said...

Let's try this for the 3rd time ha! Love these posts, Lisa. My looking forward to moments are travel related as well - hopefully a real vacation in July (it's been years) and my 5 year college reunion in September.

Stephany said...

You have a lot to look forward to! YAY! :) So much traveling coming up. (And not of the work variety!) I'm excited for you!

You are SOOO close to the end of the CFA craziness. I can't wait for you to be done & to reclaim your nights and weekends again! YAY!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Ahhhh, I also love Before Sunrise and Before Sunset ... I had no idea there was a new one!!! I'm excited!

Melissa said...

Lots of great things in your near future! It's nice to hear you excited about some things coming up :)

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

I have not thought about those movies in years! I had to watch both for a summer class. Cannot remember which one now.

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

You have a lot to look forward to! I have never seen (or heard of) any of those movies!! So...I have to know, what did you order!? I checked out the menu and think I would have gotten the chili lime trout, the squash salad and the buttermilk marinated turkey breast. But everything looked yummy!