Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fall-la-la-la-la

As I said last week, I am SO ready for fall.  I know not everyone feels this way as fall might mean going back to school if you are teacher or student, etc.  But I LOVE fall.  So when I saw Shoshanah do this post last week (via here), I had to play along!

1.  What is your favorite fall activity?
I would have to say running.  There is nothing better than running in cool fall temps.  The crisp air feels amazing after the endless days of humidity, and it's beautiful when the leaves start to turn.   And the air just smells differently.

2.  Do you follow a football team?  If so, which one and why?
Hells no.  I am not a sports person.  I do participate in this game at work where you pick one team each week that you think might win - so I watch the betting lines to figure out who I will pick and I monitor the scores so I can see who got strikes that week, but that's the extent of it.  And I do all that because I am a competitive person - not because I care at all about the actual game of football!

3.  What is something fun about fall in your area?
Well, the Twin Cities marathon is in the fall and it frequently makes the list as one of the most beautiful fall marathons - and having run it, I can say it is a beautiful course!  So if you are a runner, come run it!!!

Besides that, since we have quite a large presence of Germans, there are lots of Oktoberfest celebrations. And there are many apple orchards to visit - which is something I have actually never done but hope to do this fall!

4.  Fave fall outfit staples?
That's an easy one:  skinny jeans, a comfy sweater, and tall boots.  I also love outerwear and get excited to pull out my jackets and scarves!!

5.  Thing you are looking forward to most about this coming fall season?
Going to Nora's wedding in St. Louis!  I'm a bridesmaid so get to wear a pretty dress (which arrived last week!) and stand up next to her as a witness to her marriage to Knight!  And on top of that, I get to see Becky, Mandy, and Nilsa!!

6.  Favorite fall holidays?  Traditions?
Well, my favorite fall tradition is Julia Child Night!  We'll hold our 4th annual event this fall and are already brain storming about the menu.  I absolutely love this tradition that my aunt and I started - as does everyone who attends as the meal is seriously to die for!  It's really one of my most favorite days of the year.  I love sharing my passion for all things French with my family!

My favorite fall holiday is of course Thanksgiving.  It's actually one of my favorite holidays over all.  I love the food, the weather, and the time with family!  Also, it's the time of year that I do my "10 Days of Thanksgiving" post series, which I really enjoy as it's fun to reflect on all the wonderful things in my life.

And last, but not least, I love changing my weekly latte from a vanilla to a pumpkin spice latte!

Wow, there are a lot of exclamation points in this post. What can I say, I just adore fall. What are some of your favorite things about fall?

24 comments:

missris said...

I love running in the fall! I always seem to have more energy when the weather is cooler. And the fall holiday drinks at Starbucks!! Mmmmm.

Becky said...

Oh fall - I can't wait for your cool temperatures to wrap around me like a baby snug in a blanket. *Sigh*

I love the fall. And I know I'm ready for it but I've been trying to fake myself out like "no, I'm enjoying summer - no really....I am," but last night without even thinking about it I painted my nails a dark sparkly purple color - methinks it's time for a new season.

You have to go to the apple orchards - so fun! However, apple season is actually earlier than you'd think - by mid-September it's usually too late to actually pick any of the apples off the trees in the orchard - we try to go late August/early September if we can!

Erin said...

Fall is my favorite, too...unfortunately, it's been lasting all of 2 weeks in recent years :( Not enough rain!

I am in dire need of changing leaves, jeans/boots/sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes, and local art fairs. And apple picking if I'm not too lazy!

Gracie said...

I miss real fall so much. The leaves barely turn here and the air never gets that fall smell. :(

Carolina John said...

Oh I can't wait for fall! I go college football, Clemson and NC State in particular, and could care less about the NFL. I like the cool bike rides to see the leaves changing, and running around the lakes when they get really pretty leaves as well. And the cooler temps. bring. it. on.

Marlys said...

I, too, love fall, but not the season that follows so I'm hanging onto summer while I can! I'm sure if you are a runner these humid, hot conditions are not fun, so understand your yearnings!

Caroline said...

This post just made me so excited for fall! I can't wait, I'm so over this super hot/humid summer

Amber said...

I really like fall too but I'm not quite ready for summer to end! We had a terrible June so it feels like summer has just gotten started here. And even though the hot weather definitely messes with my workouts I do LOVE all the things there are to do in the summer! We also tend to have a really short fall here as summer lasts well into September and fall is usually only for the month of October! I do love a lot of the fall trends you listed though, especially skinny jeans and boots!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I am ready for the fall wardrobe and being able to wear a full face of makeup without it melting off. I'm also really looking forward to tailgating this year and cheering on the Cyclones.

abbi said...

Fall is my favorite season as well...and nice to know there are others out there who could care less about football too!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Bahahaha. I like your "hells no" comment re: football. I love the atmosphere on gameday. Living in a college town and going to school here, there are things that just scream fall to me at the same point "football" - walking across the pedestrian bridge to the stadium, tailgating, hearing the roar of the stadium, etc.

J said...

I love being outside in the fall when the sky is clear and the sun is shining! Can't wait to put on sweaters again be all cozy! We usually go apple picking and I make pumpkin everything! Can't wait for apple crisp!

Shoshanah said...

I love your posts about Julia Child night every year! It makes me wish I lived closer so I could go.

And I think it's be a lot of fun to go pick apples in an orchard. But I've never done it, and anything similar to it. Unless you count buying a pumpkin in a patch, which seems a little ridiculous to me since it's no longer growing.

Raquelita said...

I'm also a huge fan of fall running and of tall boots! I also really, really love Halloween and pumpkins and college football season!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I really like fall, but hate what happens after it! I like the crunch of the fall leaves, the smells, the food, and the crisp weather.

crystal said...

Yay fall, Im so excited!!! Oh and now I am craving a pumpkin spice latte, yum!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I live in the land of perpetual fall. Well not really, since I guess we don't have Thanksgiving or Pumpkin lattes all the time, but we have boots, sweaters and running weather!

I love Fall races, Thanksgiving, changing leaves, apple crisp, baseball and those crisp mornings where there is just a hint of frost in the air.

Kelly said...

I will forgive you for this post because I'm still on vacation and not in panic about school mode... Yet haha.

What I love about fall near me is visiting a farm near me. First of all I love the apples and squash and fall foods. Also the farm near me has amazing caramel apples. It was a tradition for my friends in college to make a trip back to my hometown every year and go get caramel apples. We have done it since college a couple of times when everyone has visited for a football game. As you know I don't care about football either but I like a good fall tailgate :)

Stephany said...

We don't really get a fall in Florida. It'll still be hot & muggy & humid until late November. No cooler temps here! But I am super excited for football to start again and for the holiday season to pick up... all starting with Halloween. The last 3 months of the year are my absolute favorite so I'm excited it's coming around again. And who knows! Maybe it'll cool down earlier than usual. One can dream, right?

Nora said...

I love going to a pumpkin patch and then carving the pumpkins, plus my friends host "Fall Ball" each October which is such a special event for me as that's where I met Knight! We are hoping to go this year as an extension of our honeymoon.

And then of course the wedding this fall which means our anniversary each year after that which will be pretty kick butt if I do say so myself. On top of which I get to see you, Becky, Mandy and Nilsa!!! This makes me incredibly happy =)

One of these years I'll have to come to Julia Child night! Sounds like such a blast!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Awww, I love this post, because Fall is my favorite time of year, too! Generally, I look forward to cool, crisp air; leaves changing colors; sweaters and fleece; my anniversary with Sweets; Gavin's birthday!!! This year, I definitely look forward to Nora's wedding - it will be such a fun weekend. I'm just hopeful we're able to get to town in time to meet up with everyone on Friday evening!

Abby said...

Such a fun post!! I adore fall as well! Words don't explain how great it is when November hits and temps cool down after 6-7 months of 100 degree days!!

Our fall is kind of fun because we still get to get some "pool time" in, but it's cold in the mornings and evenings.

Cherry Blossoms said...

There is a German town right outside of Austin that we drove though. Oh my gosh so adorable and it has the cutest little shops and eateries. There are also a lot of peach orchard and wineries. I didn't see apple but we def need to look as I can't wait to take Elle to one either here or in Mn. I told Chris we need to go there for a day this fall when its cooler outside and take in some yummy German food.

Jeanie said...

1. What is your favorite fall activity?

Going to the cider mill. Or the lake in autumn. Gorgeous walks there!

2. Do you follow a football team? Nope, but don't tell the university I work for.

3. What is something fun about fall in your area? Got me!

4. Fave fall outfit staples?
Sweaters and fleecy stuff!

5. Thing you are looking forward to most about this coming fall season?
A conference in St. Louis in October and taking a floral workshop!

6. Favorite fall holidays? Traditions?
I love Thanksgiving and Halloween and all the decorating. Fall flowers and all that. And, going to Ghoultide Gathering, an art show focusing on Halloween stuff.