Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Weekend Recap

I'm a little bit late on this, but better late than never, right?  I had a great, but busy weekend!  Here's a brief bullet-point style recap, and a couple of pictures!

- Seeing my family was great.  I had a rough day of studying on Friday.  I woke up on Saturday feeling pretty down and stressed about studying.  But then I got to my parents' cabin, those feelings went away as i focused on talking with my parents and hanging out with my nephews.  It's the last time I'll see family until after the CFA exam, so I soaked up this time with my family.

- I am really glad I got to attend my nephew's First Holy Communion.  I am his Godmother, so it was important for me to be there.  It seems like it wasn't long ago that he was getting baptized!  Now he's almost 8!


- I spent a lot of time in the car over the course of 2 days, so I used that time to catch up with 4 different friends.  It's really hard for me to fit phone conversations into my schedule each week, so it was nice to get caught up with friends and hear their voices!

I'll close with a couple of pictures I snapped with my iPhone!

Andrew and Matthew at my parents' lake home.  I love how they pack costumes with them when they go away for the weekend.

My nephew James - he looks so grown up in his little suit!

Baby Charlie is getting so big.  He turns 1 this month!!  I LOVE his curly red hair!!

How was your weekend?

20 comments:

Charis Faith said...

I can't believe Charlie is going to be 1 already!!!

Such precious pictures!!!

So glad you were able to put studying on the back burner for a weekend and enjoy your family time!!!

The light is starting to shine brighter!!!!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

The red hair is adorable! My friend just had a baby and her husband has red hair so we were hoping haha- right now it's not though :) I also love that they pack costumes, though it does not surprise me!

Glad you had some time to relax. I am all about using car time to catch up on phone conversations ha ha.

Mandy said...

So glad that you had a great weekend with your family. I loved catching up with you over the weekend. I can't believe how big your nephews are getting.

Mandy said...

So glad that you had a great weekend with your family. I loved catching up with you over the weekend. I can't believe how big your nephews are getting.

abbi said...

I bet the weekend away with your family is just what you need. I'm sure it would be very easy to burn out with all that difficult studying!

Marlys said...

It was a great weekend! And you got to see your cousin, Julie, too! It's good to unwind and forget about your tense studying, even if for a day or two!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I never used to complain about my commute, because I always used it as a time to call long distance friends. Now that I don't work in the office quite as much, I'm not as good at staying in touch. I miss being in touch more.

Glad you were able to hang out with your family one last time before the exam!

Alli said...

I cannot even handle how cute James and Charlie are!

Glad you had a great family weekend. I had a great margarita weekend ;)

Leigh said...

I think it's good that you took the time out to spend the weekend with your family. You needed to give that brain of yours a break from the studying and hopefully it helped you get right back into studying! :) Your nephews are so cute :)

Unknown said...

I love the fact Andrew and Matthew pack costumes! James looks like a young adult and Charlie is so adorable. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like the weekend was exactly what you needed.

Abby said...

Adorable! I wish I could have been there! James is growing to be such a handsome young man! All of them are! And I LOVE the costumes! That is awesome! Glad you got to take some time away from studying to be with family -- it's good for the soul!

San said...

It sounds like you really made the best of your weekend (despite the studying worries). I think time with family can always teach us what's really important and I am so glad you could make time to be there for your nephew's communion and that you could also use the time in the car to catch up with friends! :)

Cute pictures!

Amber said...

I'm SO GLAD you got to spend some quality time with your family! So needed right now for you, I know. Your nephews are so cute!

Erin said...

I love every pic I see of Charlie!!!! It sounds like a wonderful weekend with your fam!!!!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Really? How IS Charlie one already! Love the red curls!

I thought your other nephews were wearing wetsuits! I was thinking that maybe they went swimming in the lake. But costumes!? Even better!

I am glad you have fun with your family. It was a well deserved "break"!

Jamie and Missy said...

It sounds like a perfect weekend! I can't believe Charlie is almost one.

Cherry Blossoms said...

okay that is seriously the cutest picture ever of James! He's like a mini groom and I can't believe is going to be one! So cute.

Cherry Blossoms said...

Would help I guess if I was finished my sentence correctly! I can't believe Charlie will be one already!

Amber @ a little pink in the cornfields said...

Glad you had a great weekend and got to spend some time with family!! It sounded wonderful!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

My weekend was awesome! Glad to hear you had a great weekend too :-)