Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Another batch of questions from Chelsea of Roots and Rings!

1. What is the weather like in your city today?
The weatherman says it will be 67 and sunny.  I hope he is right.  Yesterday it was 35 and overcast.  I am kind of hating Minnesota right now, so I need some good weather to remind me why I live here....

2. Do you like the zoo?
I'm sort of ambivalent.  I could go years without going...  But I did enjoy the penguin exhibit at the zoo in St Louis when I visited Nora!

3. Do you eat coconut?
Not really...  I'm not a huge fan...

4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it?
Yes.  Many times.  And no, I am not very good at it.  I always come very close to smashing the fingers holding the nail.  I wish there was a "hire a husband" service or something like that because I HATE doing anything involving tools like hammers, drills, etc...

5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often?
Yes, I spend as many weekends at my parents cabin in the summer as I can!  It's my little slice of heaven on earth!  It's nothing fancy, but we spend the majority of the time outside, so we don't really 'need' a nice place.

6. How many pillows do you sleep with?
1 pillow + a body pillow. 

7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Take the pills I am on for my acne (it's down from 3 to 2 now.  Woo hoo!)

8. Will you send your kids to summer camp?
If my make believe children want to go, then yes. 

9. What do you put in your baked potatoes?
A little bit of earth balance "butter", tofutti "sour cream", and a heck of  a lot of freshly ground pepper.

10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid?
Yes, probably for about 6 years I think?  I loved swimming lessons.  We grew up going to the various lakes in the area so learning to swim was not optional!

12 comments:

Becky said...

I didn't take swimming lessons but I remember being on our neighborhood swin team for a few years when I was little. We lived about 20 feet from the neighborhood pool and the meets were always early Saturday morning. It's weird because I'm so not a pool person now!

Happy Tuesday!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

It's supposed to be similar weather here today too, I really hope it's right :)

That summer camp question was pretty random haha... but I do think it's funny how some kids are all about camp and some kids hate camp.

Unprofessional said...

I LOVE swimming! Like...recreational swimming. I'm joining a huge outdoor pool and aquatic center this summer and I'm actually going to try to swim for exercise. We shall see. I mostly like diving boards...

Have a good day!

Marlys said...

Swimming lessons were not an option for me when I was young, as my Dad's sister drowned because she couldn't swim and Dad made us learn. I thank him for that. And besides, swimming is awesome! I think your kids would like to go to band camp, don't you? I loved, loved, loved 4-H camp!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I think Mother Nature is only just figuring out it's May here in Iowa... maybe she'll get to you guys next? ;)

Hope your week is going well! I'm thinking I need another trip up to Mlps soon before my summer classes begin! :)

Nora said...

It's really sad how much I enjoy seeing the penguins, I mean, really.

I really hope that one of these yeras I can go with you to your parents cabin =)

Leigh said...

Fun questions! It is really overcast and 10C here today...it was 19C yesterday...come back warm weather!

I don't like coconut that much either. Could definitely do without eating it.

We had a game at our stag and doe, where you had to hammer a nail in the least amount of hits to win...I sucked.

Amber said...

"If my make believe children want to go, then yes."

HAHAHAHAHA.

True story? I got so homesick at summer camp one year that my parents had to come get me. Actually, my whole family was camping across the lake from the camp and they brought a big boat across to "embarrass" me but then I ran into the water bawling and so happy to see them because I wanted to come home. I'm sure someone will tell that story at the wedding as they still talk about it at all family get togethers!

But I went to summer camp the year before that and loved it AND went to a horseback riding camp the year after and LOVED LOVED LOVED it! So I don't know what my deal was that one year!

Jeanie said...

I always love these, but what I love most about this one is down from three pills to two!

crystal said...

67 and sunny?!? Awesome :)

Shoshanah said...

It sounds like olive oil could definitely work as a non-dairy butter substitute for you too! Although I use it because I prefer it to butter

Mandy said...

One of these days I'm coming to visit at the cabin. Probably with my grandpap because he really wants to come fishing. =)