Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Good morning!  Here's another batch of questions from Chelsea!

1. How many blogs do you read every day and what are they? (I’m talking the ones you NEVER miss)
I read maybe 3-5 every day consistently.  It is getting increasingly hard for me to keep up with reading/commenting/posting so I don't get to people's blogs are regularly as I used to...

2. How many “best friends” do you have? Do you have different “besties” for different areas of your life?
I don't like the word "best friend" - it works for some people, but I could never say that one person is my BEST friend.  Instead of have a tight knit group of people that I consider close friends.  I have different groups of close friends, though - college, blogging-friends-turned-real-life-friends, family members, and work friends.

3. What’s your daily make up routine?
I put my make up on the exact same order every day.  I use bare minerals.  I always wear foundation, concealer, eye liner, and mascara.  Some days I wear blush.  I rarely wear lipstick as I feel like it looks ridiculous on me...

4. What is your ideal girl’s night?
A girl's night in.  We'd cook dinner, read magazines, watch Sex and the City, and then someone would paint my nails because Lord knows I can NOT paint my own!

5. Do you keep up with your nails/toenails or are they au natural?
I do not keep up with my nails/toenails - see above comment about my inability to paint my own.  Sometimes I will put on a clear coat. 

6. What’s your best roommate story (assuming you had a roommate at some point in your life)?
When I was a freshman in college, one night my roommate came home and saw that the door was locked.  I wasn't super good about locking the door when I was home so she thought this meant I was not home.  She started to celebrate and shout about how happy she was that I was gone.  Boy was that awkward when she opened the door and saw that I was in my bed.  Awake.  Lovely.  We were like oil and water, but looking back, it was a good experience for me because it taught me to be more tolerant of others. 

7. What’s your “go to” outfit that you wear more than anything else?
In the summer, it's a summer sundress of some sort.  In the winter, it's jeans, black heels, and a black top of some sort.

8. Do you have a beauty secret?
Not that I can think of!  Honestly, I am a pretty low maintenance girl so I am not one to really have lots of beauty trips up my sleeve!

9. Did you read Seventeen magazine growing up?
Yes, I did.  And Teen!  Loved those magazines!

10. How did you learn to put on makeup?
I definitely taught myself.  Which is probably why I am really not that great at it!!

14 comments:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Reading everyone's idea of a perfect girls night is making me want one with a bunch of blogger friends bad! :)

Ashley said...

Oh wow, your roommate story is pretty bad. How awkward!

Nora said...

Teen magazine! Forgot about that one, too!

Agreed with your comment from this morning, love that our girls nights in are the same. I would totally help you out with your nails :)

I'maNolaGirl said...

That roommate story is something else! Your girls night sounds fabulous - can I join you?!

Marlys said...

I like the "close friends" concept! That way you don't leave anyone out! I know where you inherited your make-up and nail polishing talents! Probably my fault! It's how we roll, right?

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way as you about my close friends, I just have everyone in the "Love them!!" category of my heart, and it's just a matter of when we connect :)

I'm not awesome at makeup but when I'm in minneapolis I would be happy give an informal nail polish seminar, because I love painting my nails and have it down to a science in that area. Even if you don't have steady hands, they'll turn out :)

Jess said...

Oh my - I can't believe how that roommate story. I had a roommate in university that I didn’t get along with too well, either, so I get it!

And, I agree that the concept of a “best friend” is a funny one. I haven’t used that term myself in many, many years. I have a few good or close friends.

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Oh boy, terrible roommate story, but good for you for looking for the positive. I think I'd actually rather be you in that situation than her haha.

Also your girls night sounds fabulous to me! I am okay at painting my nails but not sure I've ever painted someone elses. I'll have to practice before I attend one of your girls nights haha

Emily Jane said...

We can paint each other's toe nails! I usually end up doing it with one leg cocked up on the toilet seat while I sit on the floor. LOL glamourous, I know.

Amber said...

Omg I can't believe your roommate story! OMG. That's terrible.

I agree - girls nights IN are so much more fun than girls nights OUT! And I think I might take Kyla up on her nail polish tutorial this summer ;)

Raquelita said...

That roommate story made me cringe. I got pretty lucky in the college roommate lottery, I have to say.

I have a similar situation in which I have groups of close friends (I do often refer to them as best friends, though) from the various places that I've lived, etc.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Yikes - scary roommate story!

Abby said...

Reading this is so funny for me. Because I have pretty much the same answer for almost every question! I, too, taught myself how to do make up -- hence why I don't really like make up...b/c I suck at applying it!

That room mate store made me laugh! She was such a crazy!!!

Cherry Blossoms said...

What fun questions this week. Oh my gosh Teen magazine all the way and of course Seventeen esp for the Prom issue.