Saturday, June 6, 2009

And other parties...

My grad party wasn't the only party last weekend. Abby had flown back from Tucson for my graduation party, so my aunts planned a shower for her. I brought my camera, but forgot to take any pictures. Here's one my aunt snapped of us - Abby is wearing the corsage, my mom is in yellow, and my other sister Emily is in black.


The shower was so nice and Abby got tons of great gifts. She's become quite domestic since moving to Tucson - her fiance is a lucky man! I'm really looking forward to their wedding in August. She is getting married at the church we've always gone to when we go to the lake in the summer and then her reception is at a nearby golf course. We have grown up going to the lake every weekend, so I love the fact that she's getting married up there!

On Sunday, we celebrated my nephew Andrew's 4th birthday. The last 4 years have just flown by. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was meeting him at the hospital! Here's a picture of me holding him after his Baptism.


Check out that head of hair! He had so much hair when he was born, he actually had little sideburns!!!

The weather was gorgeous on Sunday, so the boys had a great time playing in the water. They play so well together.

Andrew's biggest gift was a mini-kitchen that my parents gave him. My brother loves to cook and Andrew loves to help so I am sure he'll love having his own little kitchen!



Some of my best memories from my childhood were playing with this kitchen set that my mom's dad had built for us. He was an amazing wood worker. My parents still have it, I think?

After presents it was time for cake. My sister-in-law is so good at cake decorating! I just would never have the patience, or steady hand to decorate cakes like she does!


Here's the birthday boy with his cake.


The boys all enjoyed the cake - especially Kolin. He gave up on using silverware pretty quickly and just used his hands!



After 3 parties/celebrations in 3 days, we were all pretty pooped. It was great seeing all 4 of my siblings, though. I can't wait for us to all be together again at Abby's wedding!!

No comments: